Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Christmas is Coming

I spent ALL day long decorating for Christmas.  It's hard when you move to a new house.  Everything changes, rather than everything going up in its old spot.  I also did the outside decor this year which I NEVER do.  I need to add more lights to sides of the door but I ran out of working white lights with green cords.  I might just leave it as is until next year and buy lights after Christmas on sale.  I'm cheap like that.  Otherwise, I'm pleased with the way things turned out (inside and out).

*Edited to add.  Yeah... I have to add the remaining lights.  I've been told!  haha It will look much better!  

I went to the local lawn and garden store to look for something to put in this planter.  I don't know what I had in mind, just something that could withstand the cold.  Well when I got there all they had were the tops off Christmas trees cut off and poinsettias.  They had this beautiful "dish garden" for $50.  Um no! I'll pay $50 for something I can keep, but not for something that I have to throw away at the end of the season.

The girl suggested I buy remnant bundles for $5.  I bought 2.  Big spender.  I had the ribbon, pine cones and berries already at home.   Here's my $10 creation:

Day 

Night 

Day 

Night
*Edited... I fixed the lights. 





I love the way my little lanterns turned out.   They're filled with pinecones and old, gold, white and silver ornaments.  So cute.

Day 

Night 

And here's my tree.  The kids really helped me this year.  George did not! He's a scrooge (and was out of town... how convenient for him).  








And just in case you haven't seen enough cute pics of my kiddos, here's a few more.  


Nicholas sporting his homemade Santa beard 


I can't believe Christmas is only 21 days away!  Eek!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment