Monday, December 9, 2013

I'm a Runner XXXIII

Susan Tirch
SAHM/Blogger
39, Mars, Pennsylvania 

My shirt is my reminder 

I hate running.  Did you know that?  Ok, ok maybe I don't hate it, but I don't love it.  That's just being honest.  I'm not one of those people who feels antsy or sad if I can't run for a few days (or even a week).  I am a big fan of endorphins, however, and running gives me great endorphins.  

I'm getting used to being a middle of the pack runner.  If I run a race, 95% of the time I finish right in the dead middle of my age group.  Recently, however, I've been creeping more into the top 45%.  Still-- middle of the packer.  

On my blog I try to talk about things that I think YOU want to hear.  Sure sometimes I'm reminiscing for me or sharing something to remember, but I really try to share content I think you're interested in.  Sometimes I think things will interest you and they don't or vice versa.  Clearly I have a lot to learn. 

My endurance is pretty good if I do say so myself.  The mental game is not my problem (most of the time) and I believe endurance sports are a LOT mental.  I know how to keep myself in a good place and try to never allow myself to go to an ugly place no matter how badly I'm hurting.  

I want to earn my readers' respect, because I never want to be a disappointment to anyone.  Believe it or not, I often times think about YOU (my readers), during a workout or a race.  I pretend you're standing right there watching or cheering me on.  I never want to disappointment anyone out there reading by being mediocre or a quitter.  I may not be the best athlete, but I still hope you can appreciate my commitment and determination. 

I ran very few races in 2013 by my own standards, or so it seems, especially after coming off so many races in 2012.  

I learned that I love to race.  Whether it's good, bad or ugly.  I love the race atmosphere.  

I was sad that I wasn't able to race as much as I wanted and plan to make 2014 a BIG year of racing.  

When you put yourself out there for the world to read, you open yourself up to judgement.  Luckily I haven't become "big enough" to experience all the negative feedback that comes with a blog.  For that I am thankful.  Thanks for not being mean to me!! haha

I am not close to a lot of good running areas.  In fact, if I run from my house I have to run on the streets with no sidewalks and it's particularly hilly (my favorite.. NOT).  Often times I'll run out and have George pick me up so I don't have to turn around and run up the really big hills.  

One of favorite activities is definitely triathlon.  Big things are coming for me (I hope).  

When I run by myself, I am able to clear my head.  Sometimes I'm so focused on the suck of the run that's all I can think of, but when I'm able to lose myself in my thoughts, now those are the BEST runs.  



0 comments:

Post a Comment