Sunday, December 1, 2013

Mom Swim Bike Run 30 Day Burpee Challenge

It seems to me that everyone (myself included) slacks off between Thanksgiving and the NewYear, then we all resolve to get ourselves in shape.  Well I'm sick of packing on the pounds that accumulate in that "slack off" time.  I've vowed to myself to work just as hard during the month of December even if that means getting up to work out at 5:30 am.

To help YOU (and me) stay on track for the Month of December, I am introducing the Mom Swim Bike Run 30 Day Burpee Challenge.  That's 30 days to work up to 100 straight burpees (ok fine.. I'll allow rest if you need it, but you will work up to 100 burpees in 1 day).

So here's how it works.  I'll be hosting this challenge via my Facebook "Fan" Page.  I'll post the number of burpees you're supposed to do it day on my status.  After you complete your burpees, then like my status and that gains you entry to receive one of THREE small gift cards.  You don't know what day I'll be selecting a gift card winner, so it's important to participate every day.

For those of you that don't have Facebook or don't want to participate that way, here is the challenge.



And for those of you that have no idea what a burpee is... well here is my version.  (There are many versions out there and I'm fine with you doing any.  Some people do push ups, I do NOT.  Again, this is YOUR challenge so do it any way you want as long as it's a burpee.)

Ok here goes.  First, where your F$*%ing Burpees shirt just to show your love!  Also please let this serve as my BEFORE picture.  Good lord look at that food baby!


Start by getting in the squat position.


Kick your legs out to a the push up position.



Touch your chest to the floor.


Return to squat postion


Then jump up.


This is done in a fluid motion.  You don't do each step and pause so to speak.  If you're still not sure, just google burpee and click on any of the number of videos that come up.  I also added my version on my facebook page here.
 You're welcome!!

Don't forget to like my Mom Swim Bike Run page on Facebook to follow along with the challenge.  Liking my status each day is how you gain entry for the gift cards.  Good luck to everyone, we're all in this together, so let's get after it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment