Tuesday, December 17, 2013

We're Ginger

Oh my goodness you guys I am so busy right now as I know everyone is.  When you add in the holidays with all the other stuff that needs to get done, well I just get overwhelmed.  You know what happens when I feel overwhelmed?  I do nothing.  YEP!  I don't know where to start so I just decide to do nothing.  Yeah, that's productive.  

Anyway, I feel like I've hardly done anything fun with the kiddos this holiday season, but I am trying to keep the spirit alive.  We managed to make our Gingerbread houses/trains on Monday.  It's a tradition, so it's a must.  So what that we started 10 minutes before bedtime, we got it done AND we had fun.  


Do you guys know something about me?  I'm a little OCD, well maybe that's not the word for it.  I'm a little bit Type A.  Ok a lot a bit, but I can't help myself.  I've come a LONG way with my type A personality when it comes to my kids (I actually need to write a post about that), but when it came to this gingerbread house,  I was totally type NOT A... what type is that?  B?  C?  F?  Anyway, I gave them the stuff and I walked away.  Yep, I sure did.  

I did ask Jack several times if he wanted help and he said no.  So I said to myself, "self?  What the hell are you doing?" and I walked away.  

Jack was pretty meticulous in his creating, but he had quite a few oopsies (candy "falling" in his mouth).  



He took his time with it though and came up with a creation he was proud of.





Ella is always very diligent in her gingerbread house making efforts.  She takes her time and is proud of her work.  


I'm quite certain she had more candy on her house than any of the other creators.


But she too was proud of her final product.  And why not?




Please tell me the day will never come when Nicholas will no longer participate in these traditions  He's not a believer anymore, but he is still in the spirit.


Nicholas is more about getting it done and usually gives up on the project somewhere midway and then hurries up and finishes up.  He's always been like that.  It's funny to see how he DOESN'T change from year to year.



Nevertheless, his gingerbread train turned out full of candy and icing and looking fabulous.  



Thankfully, I stopped being lazy (for last night at least) and conquered this tradition and thankfully I let them do it all by themselves.  Are they perfect?  Well... well, yes they are!








0 comments:

Post a Comment