Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 Reflections

I kind of felt like 2013 was a lackluster year, but when I pulled the pictures for this post, I see I have SO MUCH to be thankful for in 2013.  Sure it wasn't the year I wanted it to be race wise, but it was a spectacular year nonetheless.  Here's a recap.  

I went to Austin to cheer on Tracey and Bianca (2 of my favorite people ever) to awesome marathon finishes!  


We traveled to Indianapolis to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday!


We ran to honor those lost in Boston.


I spent a weekend in Athens, OH at Ohio University with my niece and my sister for "mothers weekend" and we went zip lining.



I ran my crappiest half marathon ever, but I did the best I could (that day) and that's all I can ask for, ever.


I went to Ft Lauderdale with my friend Jami (another fave person).




I biked the MS 150.


I ran a horrible 5K in the wind and sand in the Outer Banks.


We chartered a sailboat.


I spent a fabulous weekend at my sister's lake house over the 4th of July with ALL of my family and Bianca and Isabel came from Texas.   The whole family (almost) participated in the Friendly Frolic.



I traveled to Indy to go to the Luke Bryan concert with my sisters, and my nieces.  This was probably one of the highlights of my 2013.



Another highlight?  We added a new family member.  Meet Sidney Patricia Tirch.



I participated in the Pedal Pittsburgh bike ride with George and my brother (another BIG highlight and another of my favorite peeps).  


I traveled to Sandusky, OH to cheer Tracey on for her first 70.3.  It was an AMAZING time and an inspiring event.


Traveled to Indy (again) to participate in the Hilly 100 with my dad, brother and George.


I went to Cleveland to run the Rock n Roll Half Marathon with my niece.  I really love doing races with Abbey! 


Ran the Quick Chick 10k and gained a little confidence that maybe I can run a decent pace again-- someday. 


Raced in the Mighty Moraine Olympic distance triathlon.  The conditions were horrible, but the outcome made me extremely happy.  I love triathlon!


We had a visit from the Gonzalez family from Texas.  We spent the weekend sight seeing throughout the city.  Their visit was another HUGE highlight of 2013.


We rode the Polar Express to the North Pole.


We celebrated a wonderful Christmas, counting our blessings by being together.  



We brought in the new year with our good friends, the Smiths.  What a great way to end 2013 and start the new year.  



I'm so excited for what's to come in 2014 and hope and pray 2014 is my year to achieve ALL my goals.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment