Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Baked Oatmeal Recipe

Y'all I have a confession to make.  I hate oatmeal.  I know it's good for you and all, but I've tried to eat it and I just don't like it.  Like at all!  One day I was browsing Pinterest (follow me) and I discovered this pin.  Baked Oatmeal, y'all and it's pretty awesome.

I guess it's really just the texture of Oatmeal that I could never get behind.  But the baked version is NOT runny and the top layer gets almost granola bar consistency.  At first I tried the Blueberry/Walnut that the recipe called for, but it inspired me to create all kinds of flavors.


Here's the link to the original recipe from Leah at So, How's It Taste?  Trust me, if you try this recipe you won't be disappointed.  Click here for the recipe link.

I like to make mine ahead of time and put mine in individual storage containers and reheat them for breakfast each morning.  I serve it with a little greek yogurt.  Finally, I get the benefits of oatmeal AND it tastes yummy too.

Here's the flavors I'VE come up with:

Raspberry/Macadamia



Peach/Pecan



Cherry/Almond

uncooked in this photo 
Pineapple/Coconut

uncooked in this photo 

All of them have been so yummy.  I encourage you to try.

What's your favorite way to eat oatmeal?  What combination do you think I should try next?  


1 comments:

Kortni said...

Sweet boy! That just made me happy reading it!

Post a Comment