Thursday, January 23, 2014

Three Things Thursday

Three things Thursday means I tell you three things.  Most likely you don't care, but continue reading anyway.

1)  I helped my friend Jami throw a baby shower for her brother's girlfriend.  Jami had this beautiful vision and I was so pleased with the way it turned out.  The favor was a bakery box with a thank you sticker on it and the guests got to load up with homemade cookies, mini cupcakes and cake pops.  Winning!

I made the cake banner

Cookies!!!!!  

Dessert/Favor Table

2)  I have to tell you something and please don't think I'm being all braggy mcbraggerson, but I've been kicking ass at CrossFit lately.  I think it's the socks!


No seriously, I think I finally committed to CrossFit and trying not to suck at it so badly.  I've been going three days a week and I'm already showing improvement.  My awesome coach Tammy has even told me she's noticed I've stepped it up and she's complimented me on my form and for "throwing on some weight".  THAT has never happened before.  I think I'm finally getting it!  Don't get me wrong, I still have a LONG way to go, but for now I'm happy, happy, happy.



3)  I went running with my new friend Kim today.  I met her basically through my blog, but I think she found my blog due to the fact that we have mutual friends and our kids go to the same school.  Anyway, I gently encouraged Kim to join a local running group and she did.  She's running her first 5k in March.  When she shouted out on Facebook that she could use a running partner today, I jumped at the chance. I love that running has brought me so many new (and GREAT) friendships.  

I forgot my hat and had to wear this piece of poo I found in my car (left by my friend Tony from TX) 

Oh and just so you know it's cold here in PA lately, but that hasn't stopped me from running outside.



I've been running in cold and snow and wind and everything else.  Marathon training doesn't care if it's -7 degrees and snowy.  I've got to get those miles in.


I even managed to run ALL BY MYSELF for my long run last weekend.  That has not happened in a long, long time.  It felt nice.


So there you have it.  3 things and it's Thursday.  My work here is done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment