Thursday, February 20, 2014

Austin Trip 2014

I wanted to share a little more from my trip to Austin.  Mostly it was just food and friends, but really what is better than that?

Thursday night we headed to The Salt Lick to have BBQ and meet up with my friend Jennifer and her daughter Kysa.


I fell in love with Kysa when she was only a couple of weeks old.  She will always hold a place in my heart.  I am so happy we got to see her sweet little face.  She even let me kiss her.  SQUEAL!!!


We miss you girls!


Friday morning Bianca had me up at 5:00 am for a run.  I only wanted to run 3 miles, so that's what we did.  It was short and sweet and just what my legs needed.


Afterwards, we got ready to head out for lunch.  I dressed for the holiday and for my very special Valentine-- Bianca.


We stopped at Ella's old preschool (where she and Isabel met) and said hello to her teachers Ms. Karen and Ms. JJ.  It so nice for them to see their old teachers and steal a hug.


Perhaps the best part of the day was Torchy's Tacos and the queso.  We ate this times two!  ha!


Oh and don't forget this!  OMG so good!


After some shopping and visiting the Austin Aquarium, we headed out to dinner with my other friend Joelle and her daughter Elise.  How cute are these girls I ask you?


On Saturday, things got serious as we started heading into prep mode for the half marathon.  And by serious I mean, we took more pictures.

The runners:  Chrystal, Bianca, Moi, Val, Tony 
Special props to Julie for hanging out with us.  Julie is running the Pittsburgh Marathon (26.2) and the NYC Marathon this year, so she opted to sit out Austin this year.  Still, she was our cheerleader the whole weekend through.



The final preparation for the half was Buca (a tradition).


I honestly have to say, I have some of the most beautiful friends.


It's hard sometimes to have all these beautiful ladies around.


 Then again, it's easy because they're just as beautiful on the inside as they are on the outside.


But still ladies, can you help a sister out and gain a few pounds and stop looking so damn pretty!  haha


Anyway… we finished off the night with our traditional sundae.  YUM!  We left perfectly carb loaded.



Ready to run 13.1!

0 comments:

Post a Comment