Sunday, March 30, 2014

Panera Official Training Menu-- Branching Out and Loving It

I'm the kind of girl that pretty much likes routine and tends to get stuck in a rut.  It's just easier to keep going on the same path rather than to change things up.  Change makes me feel uncomfortable.  I can't help it.  BUT, I've been able to branch out by being an Official Training Menu Blogger for Panera and I'm so glad I have.  

While I'll always love my broccoli cheddar soup (I mean how can you not?) I'm so glad I've tried some new things because I've found some new loves.  

Here are some (and there are more) of the things I've tried from the menu that I had NEVER eaten before and how I think they're helping (or not) my training:  

Asian Sesame Chicken Salad:  I think to get me through after a long run or a workout, I'd have to eat this with more protein.  Perhaps order double chicken.  It was definitely satisfying, but not as filling as I would have liked on it's own. 


Mediterranean Egg White Sandwich:   This was filling and delicious.  I ate this twice, both times with a smoothie, and it was the perfect post workout breakfast.  It also kept me satisfied until lunch which is a rarity for me.



Chicken Tortellini Alfredo:  I got this during lent sans chicken and it was delicious.  In order to keep me satisfied I'd have to couple it with some protein as my other "pick 2" item or add a smoothie.



Spinach Power Salad:   This is a menu item that I will continue to eat over and over again.  I'm sorry sometimes a rut is a good place to be.  It's delicious, filling and delicious.  Did I mention delicious?  How bout filling?  



Fuji Apple Salad and Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich:  While both of these menu items were definitely good, they weren't MY personal favorites.  My BFF gets the fuji apple salad all the time, but I think I just prefer the sweet and salty of the spinach power salad more.  The mediterranean veggie sandwich is a good meatless alternative, but it wasn't AS satisfying for me.


Perhaps my favorite thing I've discovered via the training menu are Panera's two smoothies.  I really thought I'd like the fat free super fruit power smoothie best (it's pink duh!) but I wound up LOVING the low fat B green smoothie even more.  It is so good and VERY satisfying after a workout.  I've found adding it to a sandwich or even a pick 2 combo has helped to keep me fuller longer.  Let's face it when you're burning so many calories training for a marathon, you need to replace them.


I feel so good about all the changes and branching out I've been doing with Panera and how I've been fueling my body with Panera training for the Pittsburgh Marathon.  It's nice to know that I'm doing something good for my body and then not undoing it all with bad food choices-- well at least not at Panera.  


*This post is sponsored by Panera Bread and The Pittsburgh Marathon.  All opinions are my own. 

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you're branching out! It's helping me try new things too. Your half marathon pictures looked great! How do you feel after 13.1 miles and 14.5?

momswimbikerun said...

I'm doing 14.5 in the morning and the thought of it makes me want to puke! hahaha

Post a Comment