Monday, March 3, 2014

Power Up With Panera for the Pittsburgh Marathon

You might already know this if you follow me on Instagram (@momswimbikerun) or on Facebook, but  I've got some exciting news.  I have partnered with the Pittsburgh Marathon and Panera Bread to be an Official Training Menu Blogger.  




Eek!  I know right?  If you know me in real life, then you know I love me some Panera.  I honestly eat there for lunch on average once a week.  So when I got the invitation to become a Training Menu Blogger, it was a no brainer.  I mean Panera AND The Pittsburgh Marathon?  Yes please!  



What is the training menu you ask? Well very good question my little bloggy friend.  The training menu  is full of menu selections that have been chosen because they focus on healthy, energizing ingredients.  Oh Panera, you are so modest, because you should know these items are also delicious and I am NOT one to categorize health food as yummy food.  That's why I LOVE Panera.  



So what does this mean for the blog?  It means that I will be sharing my honest reviews of the menu items I try from the Official Training Menu.  While Panera and the Pittsburgh Marathon are sponsoring me during this adventure, all opinions offered in my blog are my own (as usual).  



I'm excited to share with you how eating the different foods help my training.  Do they keep me full?  Did I feel satisfied?  Was it good pre-fuel?  Post-fuel? I'll explore it all.  

I started my adventure with the Panera Official Training Menu on Saturday before my long run.  I really don't like to eat a lot before my long runs, but because my last long run I felt under fueled, I wanted to eat something a little more substantial (i.e. not a Cliff Bar).  I chose the whole grain bagel with peanut butter and it was perfect.  


I felt satisfied throughout my 2 hour plus run, which is a miracle because I normally wind up feeling starving.  Ok, I'll admit a bagel isn't too exciting, but I just couldn't imagine eating eggs before a long run.  I'll try some other breakfast items another day.  

What do you think?  Will you "Power Up" with Panera?  
What do you normally eat before a long run?  

Don't forget to follow along with my fellow Training Menu Blogger, Melissa from The Wheezy Runner.  

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Yay, congratulations! So awesome! Now I want a bagel!

Nichole N said...

I just got very hungry. I love me some Panera too. I'll be looking forward to your reviews!

Post a Comment