Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Stitch Fix Part Deux

Ok y'all it's Stitch Fix time. I asked (on Facebook) if you wanted to hear about my fix and the response was yes.  So here it is!  


For those of you late to the party, here's the rundown on Stitch Fix.  ( First I just want to disclose:  if you sign up by clicking through the links throughout this post I will get a referral credit.  You can get them too, just share your referral link and you'll get a $25 credit when  )

Ok so what is Stitch FixThink of Stitch Fix as your own personal stylist.  I filled out a small questionnaire about my style likes and dislikes and what type of “fixes” I’d like to get.  For instance, whether or not I want work clothes or fun clothes or whether I like classic styles, trendy, romantic, bohemian, etc.   You can also adjust your fix every month if you’re shopping for a special occasion.  I think that’s an awesome concept.  If I know I’m going to a wedding in August, I can adjust my fix and hopefully get the perfect little dress sent to me without ever having left the comfort of my own home.  No pushy and judgmental sales ladies either.  Seriously what’s with them? Oh and each item comes with styling tips on how to wear the item.  I personally like that I can try items on in the comfort of my own home and with pieces I already have in my closet.  


So here you go, what was in my "fix".  I don't have the official names of the clothes because I accidentally threw away my styling card.  Whoops.  Anyway, you don't need official names.  

This tank: 


I liked the color.  Does that count?  This top just wasn't me and I really didn't like this cut on my body. I don't do well with flawy loose tops.  I always feel like a pregnant woman.

Next up.  This tank:


I liked this tank much better.  The fit was better and I loved the color, but ultimately it's just not something I would wear a lot.  For the price, I would like something a little more fun.

Ok so here's the fun part.  I asked my stylist this month for something I could wear for Ella's first communion coming up.  My stylist sent me two dresses and a very nice note telling me about her first communion.  How cute is that?

First, she sent this necklace:



I thought the necklace was really beautiful and I loved how it matched BOTH dresses that were sent.  It shows how my stylist is really taking time to give me what I want. 

The first dress (please disregard my unshowered self):  


I REALLY liked this dress.  It fit me perfectly and it was adorable.  It also had a gold exposed zipper in the back that I thought was fun.  Ultimately at $118 for a jersey dress, the price just wasn't right (for me) so I didn't chose it.

The KEEPER:

In the end, I decided to keep this dress.  I loved it.  I loved the color.  I loved the fit. It's a little snug through the girls, but going up a size would have made it not fit elsewhere.



Look how pretty it looks with the necklace.  


So yep, this is what I'll be wearing for Ella's communion and I didn't even have to leave my house to find it.  How is that for stress free shopping?


I actually decided NOT to keep the necklace.  I went back and forth about a million times in my mind, but in the long run, I just wouldn't wear it a LOT so spending $48 on it just didn't make sense.  Basically I'm cheap.  

I can't wait for y'all to see this dress when I'm a little more spiffed up and someone else (besides my self timer on my cell phone) is taking my picture. 

So there you have it.  My monthly Stitch Fix.  I'm not disappointed that I only kept 1 thing this month.  If I think about my shopping elsewhere, I'll often go into the fitting room with 10 things and maybe I won't even buy one.  The fact that I was able to find a dress for a special occasion without even leaving my home is priceless.   Now… for the shoes!  



1 comments:

Melissa said...

Being that I graduated with fashion degree that I'm not using and SallieMae won't take back, I'll have to check at out! I feel the same way with flowy tops. I don't have enough curves so I either get asked what year im graduating high school or asked what my due date is. Those dresses, with or without the necklaces looked gorgeous on you! Have a great rest of your vacation and I'll see you in a couple weeks!

Post a Comment