Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend 2014 Day One

So this year's memorial day will look a lot like last years.  



Sunday morning we headed to Tracey's camp to spend 2 days 4 wheeling and having fun.  

George got right to it.  



 Last year Ella and Jack fought over Tracey's little 4 wheeler (below).


This year Jenna was old enough to ride it too, so we knew there would be lots of whining and waiting. George has been looking to buy a little quad for awhile.  As it turns out, our neighbor was selling theirs so we added a new quad to the family.  






Nicholas rode George's old quad that he got when he was 12 years old in 1985.  It still runs and is in good condition!

 


But it wasn't all 4 wheeling fun.  We played kick ball too.  Well some of us did and others declared themselves the "official photographer."   What?  I didn't want to over exert myself on a holiday weekend.  

Anyway, the kids had a fun time.  It was boys against girls and the girls got creamed. 




Bully!!!  All I'm sayin'



Of course the boys took everything so seriously!



Despite the loss, Miss Ella looked quite cute playing.  I couldn't help but keep snapping pics.









After kickball, the kids were quickly back to riding and tried out the zip line too. Being at Tracey's camp is like being at an amusement park only it's free.  


I mean seriously, look at this face.


I wonder where she gets it? 


The boys had fun too!




I love this picture Tracey captured of George catching Jack.  


I also love this one of the two of them.


My favorite pics of the day, however, come courtesy of Ella and Jenna.  I love the genuine moment of true friendship I caught with my camera.  




So cute! 

We topped off the night with a few cocktails and sat around the campfire.  Day two brings more adventures.  I promise to come back and fill you in on that.  I really promise this time! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment