Sunday, July 27, 2014

Roatan Vacation: Day Two Dolphin Encounter

Day two in Roatan.  I woke up bright and early and couldn't wait to get down to the pool.  I mean wouldn't you want to be here?  





I snuck down before anyone else was really stirring and sat on a lounge chair and read my book.  It was sooooo nice.  I love to read, but seldom carve out the time for it.  I hate that and I think vacation reminded me to make time for it.

I loved the view from the pool.  It had the infinity effect (Infinity Bay remember?).



For whatever reason, the kids just weren't into the beach scene.  I'm not really sure why because look at those waters.



Bianca and I visited the beach for a second and I had my camera.  Some guy asked if we wanted a picture.  I said, "No thanks" and Bianca said, "yes."  You see she wasn't in a bikini.  I look at this pic and.... well I decided to post it because this is a 40 year old woman who has three kids.  I don't have the best body, but it's a strong, healthy body and that's all I can really ask for.


Like I said, the kids weren't into swimming in the ocean, but they loved the pool.  Every minute we weren't involved in an activity they were IN the pool.  Some days that meant over 5 plus hours of constant swimming.  All of them (Isabel included).  It amazed me.  



And just because you can't get enough BFF pics we went to the beach for a few "twins" shots.





I love the colors of the beach.  I mean it looks like a color palette at a paint store.  Which shade of blue do you prefer?


Soon, however, we left the pool and headed to Anthony's Key Resort to our Dolphin encounter.  The scenes there were just as breathtaking.



We were all so excited to have our experience with the dolphins.  No one was scared on this adventure.

I can't help but share all of the "views" I took.  I mean, can you believe how beautiful the island of Roatan is?  It's not a crowded place either.  As you can see from most of my pictures, the place is very serene.






The kids weren't here to look at the views, they were here to see the dolphins!


We signed up for the dolphin encounter and not the swim.  We were invited into the area and got to see our dolphin, Polli, do her tricks.


 Polli put on quite a show for us.   She flipped in the air and it was cool-- to say the least.






She also walked for us.




I'll be honest, I felt uneasy there the whole time.  I couldn't help but feel sorry for these animals.  I mean they are caged in a small area.  If you look at the picture below you can see the cage below the dock.  


I found out, much to my pleasure, that the dolphins are actually free to leave the area.  They can leave any time they want, but the CHOOSE to come back.  Ok I get it, they come back because they are fed there-- it's a 5 star resort.  Wouldn't you want to live there?  It did make me feel better to know they could leave if they wanted to.  Somehow things seemed alright then.

After Polli did her tricks, she posed for some pictures with us.  I just couldn't believe I was holding a dolphin.  That's something I never thought I would do.


 Then she got to give everyone kisses.  Smooch!


















The experience with the dolphins was one I won't soon forget.  Polli was perfect in every way.  



0 comments:

Post a Comment