Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Track Tuesday: 800s

I know y'all are probably sick of hearing about Track Tuesday, but it's what is going on in my life so... Can I just tell you that I WOULD never do these speed workouts (despite being the one that plans them) if I wasn't meeting my friends.  Knowing I'm meeting them gets me there and once I'm there, what what else is there to do?

I strongly suggest, when you're trying to break into a workout routine or if you're having trouble with accountability, getting a group of fitness partners.  Yes I said a GROUP because, in case you haven't noticed, sometimes we have 3 people at the track and sometimes we have 8.  Not everyone will be in EVERY week, but knowing someONE is there is enough to get YOU to your workout too.


Plus, these women are so inspiring each in their own way.   I take something from each and every one of them and use it to fuel myself.  So thank you ladies for keeping me going and inspiring me to be better.

So on to today.  I did NOT want to workout this morning.  I worked out 7 days in a row last week (dumb!) and I finally took a rest day yesterday, but I stood on my feet for 12 hours at work.  I felt sore ALL day and this morning woke up feeling just exhausted.  But, like I said, I was meeting the ladies and we had scheduled a later start time due to a conflict I had so I certainly couldn't blow it off.  See... accountability!

So I went and as per usual, I'm glad I did.

This is the 5th week of Track Tuesday and we've come back full circle to 800s.  The workout looks like this:



800 m warm up:  6:27 All recovery includes water and talking ha! 

1st 800m:  4:08 (8:16 pace) 

400m:  walk/jog 3:43

2nd 800: 4:12 (8:19 pace) Any discrepancy in pace is due to overage in mileage most 800s were really a tad over

400 m:  walk/jog 3:59

3rd 800m:  4:10 (8:09 pace) 

400 m: walk/job 3:16

4th 800m: 4:14 (8:18 pace) 

400 m: walk/jog 3:57 

800 m cool down:  5:01 (9:58 pace) 

Total (with walking):  4.04 miles 

I really didn't improve since 5 weeks ago, but (and this is HUGE) I felt soooo much better.  I felt less labored in my breathing and I felt like I didn't have to work as hard to get the pace I wanted.   That's good.  There's nowhere to go, but up.  Let's go ladies!

0 comments:

Post a Comment