Wednesday, July 9, 2014

You Might Be Someone's Superwoman

So I have this friend.  You might have heard me talk about her a time or 72983 times (but who's counting).  She's an amazing person really and I honestly don't know what I'd do without her in my life.  She's always there for me.  If I need her for ANYTHING, I know I can depend on her.  She offers up help at times I need it (but may not even have realized I did).  So yeah, she's a GREAT friend, but hold that thought while I talk about something else.

When I think about all the things I do in my life, it's sometimes overwhelming.  I have 3 kids in sports and other activities, we try to go to church, and we try to spend time as a family.  I also have to make sure my kids do school work, make sure they are upstanding citizens and, oh yeah, we also like to have a little fun.  Couple all of that with my workouts and keeping up with a house and laundry and I'm exhausted half the time.

So back to my friend.  Yeah well my friend has all that too, only she does MORE.  She has a husband with a job that's not as flexible as my husband's job.  She makes it to church more Sundays.  She spends time playing kickball with her kids instead of sitting idly by in a chair and she works out MORE than I do, often times doing "two-a-days".  I'm sure her house is cleaner and her laundry is folded.  You get my point.

So who is this Superwoman you ask?  Well, if you haven't figured, it's Tracey.


Right now Tracey is rolling her eyes I know it.  But let's examine things shall we?  What is Superwoman anyway?  Well it's a hero, that much we know-- someone who is admired for their achievements and qualities.  So yeah Tracey you ARE my hero-- my Superwoman and I don't think you can roll your eyes at that.  I'm ok admiring, respecting and looking up to you.  So Tracey, you better be ok with being my Superwoman.

So why am I talking about all this anyway?  Well I was talking about how much I admire Tracey and how much I could never do all the things she can do to another friend.  I was telling her how I think Tracey is Superwoman and I truly meant it.  Then my friend said something to me that really hit home.  She said, "Well, you're my Superwoman."

Wait, what?  Someone looks up to me?  Someone admires me?  Someone appreciates my accomplishments and thinks I have good characteristics?  My friend also pointed out that the someone might also be Tracey.  Because for all the things she is, there are many things that I am that she is not.    Wow, I never really thought about it that way.  I have some amazing friends right?

So I challenge all you (and myself) to stop focusing on all the things you aren't and focus on all the things you are.   We spend so much time focusing on our flaws, we forget to remember we ALL have special gifts to share with each other.  I may not know it, but I'm sure Tracey's and my friendship isn't really a one way street.  Maybe it is true, maybe she does see something in little old me.

So hold your chin high and share your "hero" with the world.  After all, you never know when someone else might be looking up to and admiring you and you're just going to have to be ok being someone's Superwoman!


0 comments:

Post a Comment