Sunday, August 31, 2014

First Day of School 2014

I'm finding it harder and harder to find time for blogging these days.  When I have time (late at night) I feel so lazy and rather just sit and veg out watching TV or on Facebook.  I also sometimes wonder if anyone out there really cares and wonder if I waste my time.  Then the first day of school rolls around and I don't even blog about it and then I realize I'm missing the opportunity to document that for my kids.  That's the whole reason I started this blog in the first place.  I want my kids to have documentation of their childhood and if, God forbid something ever happened to me, they'd be able to read MY words to them and about them.  

So here I am to blog about the first day of school.  First grade for Jack.  


Jack was excited and a wee bit nervous.  He was actually more concerned about what shoes he was going to wear than anything else.  He had waited over a month to wear his new blue high tops and he was happy as a clam when he finally got to wear them.


 Jack was worried about getting on the correct bus after school was over and he said, "I don't know what I'm doing, so Miss Commesso better be able to tell me."  He cracks me up.  Apparently Miss Commesso had her act together because he made it safely home.


Ella is a third grader.  I'm not quite sure how that is possible.  I mean seriously I can't believe it.  Someone asked me this summer about a third grade assignment and I said, "I don't know, I don't have a third grader."  Yep denial.


She too was worried about that first day of school outfit and I think she looked just precious in her lacey "skort" that she picked out.


Ella is really excited about her teacher, Mrs. McGroarty and said that she's "smiley all the time."


Then there is Nicholas.  He's in sixth grade and didn't care about school, most likely didn't care about a new outfit or anything.  He did want to wear his red high tops, but I told him he didn't have anything new that was red so I talked him into this new outfit.


He told me he wasn't nervous at all.  He already knew of at least 2 kids in his class so he knew there would be familiar faces.  He's come home everyday and done everything on his own.  He hasn't shown me assignments and he doesn't have to have a planner signed.  He's all on his own and it's scary and liberating at the same time.  I just love this kid, no matter how big he gets.


So there you have it, another school year begins and I can't believe I have a 7,9 and 11 year old.  I seriously feel like I will blink and they'll be going off to college.


I refuse to let them grow up.   So there!






0 comments:

Post a Comment