Sunday, August 3, 2014

Roatan Day Four: Zip Lining

Sorry for the delay on my Roatan posts.  My computer is being very sketchy.  I'm George is in the process of backing up my files and then we are going to wipe the hard drive.  Anywho... I managed to grab these pics and I'm putting up day 4 of our great adventure.  

This is the end of the pool furthest from the beach and it was so pretty and often underused.  Isn't the pool area gorgeous?  


The theme for the girls today was Fedoras.  Something on them had to be matching at all times.  They are so cute!  I can't stand it.



When we came in from parasailing the previous day, we decided we wanted to jump off the dock.  The water off the dock was maybe 10 to 12 feet deep and you could see all the way to the bottom.  It didn't seem that high until you were peering over it.  I convinced Nicholas to go first.



I was desperately trying to convince Jack to go, but he was scared.  You could tell he wanted to do it, but he was being held back by fear.  I told him I'd wait for him and "catch" him and swim him in on my back.  So he did it!


Let me just tell you, I have a new respect for lifeguards.  Swimming with just 50 pounds on my back was HARD.


It didn't take much convincing to get Ella to go.  She wanted me to wait and swim in beside her, but after she jumped she was totally fine and couldn't have cared less if I was there or not.


Jack even got brave and went again and I didn't have to swim him in this time.  He swam all by himself.  It wasn't THAT far, but I was proud of him.


That was the end of our beach adventure.  The kids wanted to head right back to the pool.  I can't blame them really.  I was so content there.



It got a little cloudy and started to rain just before lunch, which was ok because we had plans to go Ziplining.  


We got all suited up and wouldn't you know, the rain really started to come down.  



We weren't going to let a little rain dampen our spirits, so we carried on as planned.






The only person that was really scared was Jack.  He was definitely tentative on the first zip line.   By the third (of about 10) line,  the rain really opened up and it was thundering and lightning.  I questioned whether we should be out there.  Our guide (Bianca's nephew) kept saying we were fine, but I think he was just crazy.  Ha!



Nevertheless, we pushed on, but Jack was having NO part of it.  He was wailing and terrified.  We started sending him with Bianca's nephew and he was ok with that.  He was already a little afraid of the concept of zip lining.  Adding thunder, lightning and heavy rain sent him over the edge.




 This was my third time going Zip Lining and it was pretty spectacular.  Zip lining through the lush green trees in the middle of a "jungle" was a pretty cool atmosphere.


I was actually surprised how much Ella loved it.  She really had no fear.  Maybe she is my dare devil. Who knew!



Speaking of dare devil, on the last line they told us we could go upside down if we wanted.  Isabel didn't give it a second thought.  She jumped right off, let her hand go and zipped on down the line.



Ella went upside down too, but she was too afraid to let go with her arms.


 The same went for Bianca, upside down, but wouldn't let go.


By this time, the rain had let up and Jack actually started to enjoy himself again.  He even let go with one hand.  Progress!


I didn't know how I felt about going upside down, but I figured I was in the middle of Roatan, Honuras and I may not ever get the chance again, so I just went for it.  It was terrifying.  George captured this pic, but I felt so uneasy upside down with my hands let go.  I couldn't wait to get right side up, but I'm so glad I went for it!


Zip lining in Roatan is an adventure I won't soon forget.  In fact, it's a memory for a lifetime!

3 comments:

Sue Tate said...

Wow! That looks like a blast!!

Tyly Shab said...

They got some nice stuff! They look great in everything, but I am partial to great workout gear. :)

Tyly Shab said...

OMG, SO MUCH FUN!!!! That looks like a blast!!!

Post a Comment