Sunday, August 24, 2014

Roatan Day Six: Snorkeling

I'm so far behind in my blogging, but I don't want to forget Roatan.  I'm going to try to finish up my posts and move on to the other stuff I'm behind on.  You don't care right?  Right? 

So on Thursday I decided I NEEDED to go snorkeling.  I mean I as literally just 30 feet away from one of the best reefs in the world.  Yep, you read that correctly.  From Infinity Bay Resort, you can swim out to part of the reef.  

George, Tracy and I decided we would go and the kids stayed back with Bianca.  





The snorkeling was absolutely amazing and BY FAR the coolest thing I did while in Roatan.  Funny thing is, I almost didn't do it at all because I didn't think I'd care, but I loved it.  It was so easy to glide with flippers on.  I didn't really feel like I was swimming.  I just felt like I was floating along.  It didn't seem like work at all.

I got to see tons of fish.  Big fish, small fish, blue fish, red fish.  It was like a Dr. Suess book down there.  No actually it was like finding Nemo.  It was beyond anything I could have ever imagined.

The water was so clear, I felt like I was swimming around in an aquarium.  I loved finding the paths through the reef and just exploring.  The whole situation felt surreal.  I feel like that word is overused, but it really did feel dreamlike.

My favorite part was when the reef ended and I was just staring out at clear blue water.  I felt like a little fish in this vast, open water.  Again, it was beyond anything I could have conjured up in my head.  I'm so glad I decided to go and it's an experience I will cherish forever.

That evening we decided to take a water taxi over to dinner at Half Moon Bay and wear our Sunday best.  Who do you like the boys' Sunday best?








Of course the girls looked gorgeous and were twin-like again, right down to the hair.


I just love all these girls!


We had fun riding the water taxi and enjoyed the gorgeous view of West Bay.








While everything was so beautiful heading over, things got a little sketchy on the way home in the pitch black night.  I guess our driver knew what he was doing because we didn't hit anything, but I don't know how he could even see where he was going.  It didn't help that strikes of lightning were happening.

All's well that ends well. One more day and then we head home!

0 comments:

Post a Comment