Friday, September 12, 2014

5 Thing Friday


I was tagged by Melissa over at The Wheezy Runner to write 10 things about myself.   So I'm not really sure why this is a FIVE thing Friday thing when I'm supposed to write 10 things.  So we'll call it 5 Thing Friday times two.  Go with it, K?

I feel like I've been writing this blog for so long that I won't even be able to come up with 10 things y'all don't know about me.  I'm going to try.  Here goes.

1)  I have a freckle on the end of my nose and I hate it.  It wasn't always there and didn't appear until I was almost 30 years old.  People used to tell me ALL the time that I had dirt on my nose.  It made me stabby when they'd say it and I'd smile through gritted teeth.


2) Speaking of teeth, I had braces when I was young, but my teeth have moved significantly.  My bottom teeth have been overcrowded since my wisdom teeth tried to squeak in, but now my top teeth keep moving back causing my other teeth to overlap.  I recently went for an ortho consult and I'm probably going to do invisalign.

3) I grew up for part of my life (age 11 to 16) on a 135 acre tree farm in a small town in Ohio.  I HATED it.  I hated living in the country, I hated the outdoors, pretty much I hated everything about it.  Now I'd KILL to own that piece of property as I think it would be a perfect getaway place.

4) I learned to waterski (now I wakeboard) when I was about 17 years old.  My BFF's VERY patient grandfather taught me.  It must have taken me 100 tries that day and I got up twice.  After I learned I probably only skied a handful of time.  20 years later, I got out there and popped right up.  Skiing is like riding a bike, you never forget how.


5) I hated my wedding dress


6) On my first date with George he took me to a "fancy" restaurant.  Both of us were out of our element and I was trying to be a "typical girl" and ordered a chicken dish I hated even though I wanted a big ass steak.  George was trying to be manly and ordered the prime rib, which he hates.  These days I order the steak and he gets the chicken.  haha

7) During 9/11 I was working (as a pharmacist) at Walmart.  We were told a plane had hit the towers and we immediately turned on the radio.  I had to work until 9 pm that night and had listened to the radio all day.  When I finally got off work and came home and saw the TV, I wasn't prepared for SEEING it for the first time.  It was the most horrific thing I have ever seen.  

8) I'm severely allergic to shrimp, but can eat all other seafood. 


9)  I was blonde from the time I was 14 until the time I was 35.  It wasn't until recently that I went back to being a blonde.  I can't decide which I like better, but being a blonde is way too high maintenance.  


10) I wrote this post inspired by my Facebook profile pics.  Ha!  

I tag Kortni from Our Daily (G)Races and Tyly One Mile at a Time to 5 things Friday (X2) next!  

Tell me one thing about yourself that people would be surprised to know

1 comments:

Amanda said...

I had braces in elementary and middle school. My bottom teeth shifted a ton over the years and a few months ago I had the clear braces put on. They are called six month smiles but guess what I get them off in a couple weeks!!! So that will be just under four months that they were fixed. I'm so happy and couldn't believe how fast the process was. I highly recommend it.

Post a Comment