Sunday, September 7, 2014

Dear Jack 2014

Dear Jack (on the occasion of your 7th birthday): 

Where do I begin.  I have so much to say about you.  When I think about you, honestly my heart melts.  You're either making me laugh, cuddling me, or kissing me.  Even when you make me mad or frustrated, you some how turn it around so I'm laughing or babying you.  Oh the joys of being the last born.  


You have such a zest for life and you're almost always happy and full of life.  When I get my camera out, you're the first to pose and it's generally in your own special way.


Honestly though, that's one of the things I love about you.  You're your own person.  You like what you like and you pretty much make no apologies.


If it turns out that you're in a Spiderman face mask with a too big hockey jersey and winter boots at a SPRING lacrosse game, then so bet it.  You don't care and no one else should either.  

Ok so EVERYONE says you look just like your dad.  I don't see it.  I don't think I'm in denial, I just don't see it.  I think you look like you.  You're just Jack.  


But let's just say for argument's sake that you look like your dad.  Fine.  BUT!!!  You act just like me.  Your personality and mine are so damn similar.  I find myself dealing with myself and I'm not too sure I'm fond of that.  haha  


I think it's the product of the being the baby of the family.  You are kind of used to getting your way or working any angle until you do get your way.  You like ALL the things and you're all about he accessories in life.  You also become obsessed with wanting something (whether that's an item at a store or a glass of water) and you want it now, not in 2 seconds or in 10 minutes. NOW!  I can relate, so I often times don't blame you.  I find it easier to give in and take you to Walmart to spend your allowance than hear you ask me when we're going to go for the next 7 days.  I know that sounds bad, but it's your persistence.  It wears me down and if I'm going to take you eventually anyway, I save myself the hassle.  


You are quite the little athlete.  You're definitely at an advantage having an older brother.  It doesn't occur to you that you can't do the same things Nicholas does and so you try.  I have a feeling you will be a force to be reckoned with.  You are also a lot more gritty than your brother.  You're not afraid to get in there and get a little dirty.  






Oh jack you make me laugh.  Every day.  You're not funny as in telling a joke, but the things that come our of your mouth aren't things a usual 7 year old would say.  You're very literal and often get annoyed if things aren't seen your way.  So you'll say it like it is and it often times just makes me laugh. I'm saving up all the funny things you say and I'm pretty sure one day I'll be writing a book.  It's THAT good!


You're not much of a daredevil.  You don't like "extreme" things.  You tend to shy away from those things and that's kind of odd to me.  Don't get me wrong, you've been knee boarding, snow skiing and you love 4-wheelin' but you hate to tube and don't LOVE roller coasters.






When we were in Roatan I had to convince you to jump from the dock and promise to wait for you.  It wasn't that high and you can swim, but it's something about the water that scares you. 




I love your sweet nature and that you're always so "smiley."  I don't know how to describe it other than to say, you're just so happy.  I mean you can be grumpy, but that's not the general rule. 





Sometimes I feel like it's just your world and we're just living in it.  You have an idea of how things should be and if people aren't doing it the way you think it should be done, you'll let them know.  It's not rude per se, it's just matter of fact.

Your attention to detail is also pretty keen.  You notice things.  You won't be a husband that doesn't notice when your wife gets a haircut or changes the pillows on the couch.  You definitely pay attention and know things I don't think you'd even care about or notice.

You're so good at your own thing.  If you find something that makes you content, then you can sit an do it for hours.  If something makes you happy, well then it'll make you happy for quite some time.  I guess I could say, you have a longer attention span.



Jack, it's your vibrancy that will get you far in all areas of life.  I feel like people are drawn to you and immediately love you.  


One of my favorite things about you is your caring nature.  Like I said, you pay attention A LOT and you listen to what people say.  You remember something little someone said they'd like and you'll want to buy it for them as a gift.  You really are so thoughtful and kindhearted in that way.


I can't wait to see your BIG personality turn into a full grown man.  You're a pretty awesome kid and I think you'll be a spectacular adult.  You'll have life by the horns and you'll always give 'em hell.


Jack Thomas Tirch, you are my baby.  You are the baby I wanted and begged for.  I could not imagine a life as a family of 4.  God knew this world needed Jack.  God knew I needed you.  I wouldn't have been complete without you.  My days would not be as full, and I certainly wouldn't laugh near as much.  

 Thank you for being the one that can always cheer me up with your sweet chubby-cheeked smile. Thank you for your wet kisses, your giggles and your wit.  Thank you for coming into my life and allowing me the privilege of being your mom.  Thank you for the unconditional love, the constant reminder of how good life is and thank you for making me realize, our family was complete.  I could have 100 more children, but there would never be another you.  

With all my love, 

Mom


0 comments:

Post a Comment