Monday, October 6, 2014

Long Time No Blogger

I've been such a bad blogger lately and I don't know what to say to explain it other than, I'm so busy.  All the time, every damn day, I'm going from one thing to the next.  My mom always says, "you guys need to slow down," but I dare you to show me where.   Three kids X all their activities = one busy mama (and daddy).  I'm no different than any other mom out there, just sharing what's going on in my life.  I never even wrote my "Dear Ella" post for her birthday (September 17th).  I owe you/her that one so look for it in the coming days as I catch up.

In the meantime, here's what's been going on in my life.  If you follow me on Instagram (@momswimbikerun) you're probably pretty much up to date.  So get over there and follow me!

What's really kept me so busy is that I was in charge of a HUGE fundraiser for our elementary school's PTO.  It was a walk-a-thon where the children collected pledges and then were able to walk on campus during a designated walk time.  I KNEW this would be a success and I'm proud to report it was.  So much of my personal time was sacrificed while planning this walk (since July).  I'd spent my evening working on walk stuff instead of blogging.

Walk Day at Ella's School
I had so much support from our PTO president (also Susan) and was so surprised when it was all said and done with these beautiful flowers.   My greatest reward, however, was not the money we raised or the flowers, it was watching the children and how happy they were throughout the event.  

 

Surprisingly throughout the planning and the events, I still managed to keep my workouts on track, especially CrossFit.  I'll be honest, however, I've let my running fall to the back burner.  I've done my weekend long runs, but my weekday runs have been non existent.  If I have to sacrifice a workout, I chose to sacrifice running instead of Crossfit.  I have a big goal to run a sub 2:00 half marathon on October 18th and I honesty don't know if I can do it.  Sub 2:00 is a BIG goal for me.  I'm not fast and a 9:07 pace is fast (for me).  I don't know if I have it in me to run that for 13.1 miles.  I'm really terrified of the whole process and admitting that sub 2:00 is my goal, but I'm going for it.  I've never been one to back down from a challenge nor give up on my goals.  I might night be able to do it, but I'll give it 110% effort and try.  Tracey is going to help push/pace me and Charlene is running with us too.  

Last Week's Long Run 
I also started a 6 week clean eating challenge at my CrossFit Box.  I have specific calorie and nutrient (macro) goals that I'm supposed to meet.  Week one is in the books and, I won't lie, it has been hard. I'm struggling to find foods that meet my macros AND satisfy my taste buds, but I've been doing better every single day.

Pumpkin pancakes, omelet muffins, kale and quinoa cakes
I've already lost weight and I'm feeling ok.  It's challenging because I'm trying to eat enough to keep up my energy, but it's really hard to get in GOOD food and eat 1700 calories.  That's my daily goal.  I want to do a whole post with before and after.  I guess I should have gotten some before photos, but I do have all my measurements and I'll report back.  Just know I started at 140 pounds and 25% body fat.  Yup, I just told the interwebs my weight.  At 40, I've decided no number defines me.


I curled my hair... with a straightener.  Still perfecting, but I did like it.  More on my right than the left.  Why does one side always do better than the other?  Just me?


Ok so you're all up-to-date right? I'm definitely going to try to do better.  I feel like I've missed out on filling you in on SO MUCH going on in my life, but you know how they say "something's gotta give."  Well yeah, this is the something.  Well, that and my master bathroom.  DO NOT go in there.  ha!



0 comments:

Post a Comment