Thursday, November 6, 2014

6 Week Weight Loss Challenge: Results

I forget what I have told you guys because I'm a bad blogger.  I share so much of Facebook and Instagram, so you really should be following me there.  Get to it.  So I don't think I've mentioned this on the blog.  

I signed up to do a 6 week weight loss challenge at my CrossFit box.  I'll be honest.  I didn't want to do it.  The thought of tackling all my food issues and cutting out all the foods I love to eat was daunting.  I believe I pouted as I signed up.  I knew I needed to do it, however, my clothes were all getting tight.  I'd slowly been creeping up over the last 2 years.  

So here is me at the start (9/22): 

Ragnar September 12th or thereabout 

Weight:  140 lbs (it should be noted that's on the CrossFit Scale, but my scale has always been right on with the Dr's scale and it said 144. YIKES) 
Body Fat:  25% 
Chest:  35.5 
Waist:  32.5 
Hips:  39.25 
Thigh:  22.5 
Arm: 11 

So what did I do to lose weight?  You're probably going to be shocked, but... EAT RIGHT AND EXERCISE.  I hate to use the term clean eating (because I don't always eat CLEAN) but that's what I tried to do.  Lean protein, fruit, veggies, and very little carbs.  I allowed myself one cheat meal a week.  I ate what I wanted then, but I kept it to one meal (most of the time).  Last week, I had a bad week and let the weekend get the best of me.  I slipped up and ate a reese cup here and there.  I ate things I shouldn't have, and I wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I made it.  

Guess what?  It was hard, really hard.  I find that I obsessed about food and texted my friends Tracey and Kim (in this challenge with me) FAR MORE than I should have complaining.  That's the thing though, knowing I was in it with these two ladies (and more) kept me motivated to keep going.  A) misery loves company and B) accountability.  I didn't want to admit to binge eating so instead, I'd send them messages telling them all the BAD (read goooooood) things I wanted to do to food.  I might have said I wanted to rub my face in the donuts.  True story.  

Sadly, here is a sampling of pictures I've sent to Tracey and/or Kim with temptations I found EVERYWHERE.  Food is everywhere and I couldn't avoid it.  Luckily most times I just complained over the food and didn't actually eat it.  MOST times.  


So did passing up ALL that food pay off?   You be the judge: 

Ending weight:   134 (Tammy's scale) 135.9 (my scale) Worst case scenario, that's 6 pounds down.  
Body Fat:  22% DOWN 3%!!!!!!  Woo to the hoo!  
Chest:  34.75  Down .75 (as if I could stand to lose any there) 
Waist:  30.5 Down 2 inches!!!
Hips:  37.25 Down 2 inches!!!
Thigh:  20.75 Down 1.75 inches!!! 
Arm: 10.5 Down .5 inches 


It may not look like a big difference in these pictures, but people have actually noticed changes.  I have lost 6 pounds, 3% body fat and lost 7 inches off my body!  Think about this.  3% body fat is 4.2 pounds.  Think of 4 packages of hamburger hanging off my waist, hips and thighs.  I think it's pretty remarkable.  Not as in I'm so great, but as in 4 pounds of fat, is a lot of damn fat if you think about it in terms of ground beef.  haha

I've never measured weight loss success by body fat and inches before and I think it's so, so, so inspiring and motivating.  I'm excited to see where I can take this and I'm going to keep going.  Won't you join me?

You can find me on myfitnesspal.com.  My username is:  Momswimbikerun

1 comments:

momswimbikerun said...

Thanks so much! :D

Post a Comment