Sunday, November 23, 2014

Countdown to Christmas Fitness Challenge: Plank a Day

Hello all.  I'm here to tell you something exciting I'll be doing over at my Facebook page and on Instagram.

As we head into the holidays, we all kind of just say eff it.  I don't want to do that.  I want to keep my good energy and mojo going through the holidays and not wait until January 1st.  Why wait until then when you can start now?

So, I'm hosting the Countdown to Christmas Fitness Challenge and we'll be doing a "plank a day."

Here are the details.  I'll be reminding you via Instagram and Facebook to do your plank a day.  It doesn't matter if you go for 10 seconds or 10 minutes, the idea is to go as long as YOU can and to continue to improve daily.

The last time we did plank a day I started off at 2 minutes and 1 second.


At the end of the challenge, I was able to hold a plank for 3 minutes 37 seconds.


While we are definitely looking to improve, this contest is more about participation.  So I'm not rewarding how long you can go, but how many days you participate in the challenge.  Let's face it, for most of us this is less than a 5 minute commitment a day.  There's no reason NOT to do it.

So how do you enter the contest?  Well each comment on my daily Facebook or Instagram reminder is considered one entry.  Just comment you did it or maybe your time for the day.  Commenting your time will help to inspire others to get their plank done and maybe spark a little friendly competition.

If you post a picture on your Facebook feed or via Instagram, you will receive 2 entries.  YOU MUST USE THE HASHTAG #MSBRPlankaDay (stands for Mom Swim Bike run Plank a Day).  There is no way for me to track your photo unless you use the hashtag, so please be sure to use it.

That's it!  Easy Peasy.

To summarize:
Like my Facebook page and follow me on Instagram (momswimbikerun) (you must be a follower and/or like me on Facebook to win)
Do your longest plank a day
Look for my daily Facebook or Instagram reminder
Comment on my post via either site = 1 entry
Post a picture on Facebook or Instagram using #MSBRPlankaDay = 2 entries MUST USE THE HASHTAG IN ORDER FOR THE ENTRY TO COUNT

So what is the entry for?  There's a big gift up for grabs folks.  Each entry puts you in for a drawing on Christmas day for a $50 gift card to Lululemon.  The contest starts November 24th and entries will be received until 11:59 EST on 12/24/2014.  I will announce the winner via Facebook and Instagram and on the blog.  You will have 48 hours to claim your prize or it will be forfeited.

Good luck and let's do this Countdown to Christmas Fitness Challenge: Plank a Day (totally should have made you hashtag that!)! Good luck and strong abs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment