Sunday, February 8, 2015

2015 Race Plan

I've kind of been hemming and hawing about my race schedule this year.  As always, things can (and most likely WILL) change, but this is my plan for 2015.

January:  3M Half Marathon.  Yeah that already happened.  You can read the recap here.

Kortni, Me, Val 


February:  I wanted to do a 10k on Valentine's Day, but it has a late start time and conflicts with my son's hockey schedule.  Whomp Whomp.

March:  Shamrock Shuffle Half Marathon.  Somehow I got talked into doing a race I did NOT want to do, but I'm excited about it.  It's super hilly and I didn't want to do it because of that, but I decided to run with my friend Jaime and we plan to just HAVE FUN!  Those are the best races.  Seriously.... going for a 2:30 finish time.  Here's the elevation.

Elevation Chart.  HILLS!!!!!!!!!


April:  Pirates 5k Home Run.  I don't want to run another 5k, but I have to because I know I can improve my time and this is a flat fast place to do it.  Plus it's the Pirates!

At my last 5k in September 2014 


May:  Indianapolis Mini Marathon and Pittsburgh Half Marathon.  That's right 2 half marathons in one month.  In fact, they're on back-to-back days.  The Pittsburgh Half Marathon is my favorite race and it is ALWAYS the same weekend as the Indianapolis Mini.  I've always wanted to do the Mini, but didn't want to miss out on Pittsburgh.  I concocted this crazy idea to do the Indy Mini on Saturday and the Pittsburgh Half on Sunday and even managed to talk 4 other crazy ladies into it with me (pictured below).

Tracey and Kim

Kate (in the front).  Jaime (in the back) was sparred some how 

Kelli 
June:  MS 150.  I really enjoy this 2 day bike ride.  It's torturous, but it's for a good cause.

2014 MS Escape to the Lake 

Runcations 5k (in the Outer Banks).  This race will jut be for fun.  It's run on the beach on a Wednesday.  It's just a fun thing to do on vacation.  The last time I did it, was NOT fun and SUPER slow.

2013 OBX Sunrise 5k 

The Dam Tri.  This race (olympic distance) is the Sunday that I get back from vacation.  It's not ideal for sure, but after all the rest and relaxation, I should be good to go... go slowly.

2014 Dam Tri 
July:  Lake Latonka Friendly Frolic.  This is the 2 mile race I do with my family every year.  It's challenging for me (I hate running fast) but one of these days I'll beat Nicholas or my dad.  One can dream. 

2014 (less people attended than normal)
Moraine Butler Sprint Tri.  This race is low key and fun.  I think I'll always do it if I can because I enjoy the short swim and bike course.  I need to step up my game this year.  

2014 

Liberty Mile:  Maybe.  This is a one mile all out race.  

August:  I don't do anything when it's hot.  Haha.  I can't believe I don't have anything planned (that I can remember) in August.  I better remedy that.  Maybe my wallet could use a break.  

September:  The Great Race.  I need a FLAT FAST 10k and this is it.  It's actually down hill.  I've never done this hometown race but there's a conflict..... see below.  If I happened to not do Ragnar, I'll do the Great Race. 

Adirondacks Ragnar Relay.  I had SO MUCH fun with Ragnar last year that I really want to do it again this year.  Our team isn't set in stone yet, but we're getting there.  Hard to commit this far out.  

Van 2.  Love these ladies.  


October:  Quick Chick 10K.  If I don't do the great race, I'll do this race.  I want to race it this year and see what I can do.

Buffalo Creek Half Marathon.  It's just a must.  Small, local and flat.

2014 with Kim 
November:  EQT 10 miler.  I want to do this race and it will probably work out well for the taper, but I'm kinda hoping I'll be on a cruise when this race is happening.  Sacrifices.  We shall see!  

Philly Marathon.  My 4th attempt at 26.2 and hopefully a PR for me.  

December:  Christmas is here.  My wallet needs another break!  

So There you have it.  13 to 16 races/events.  Please don't add up the money spent.  Running is a cheap sport, remember? ha!  




1 comments:

Steffany Smith Rubel said...

A heads up, the great race is not flat. The same hill that is at the end of the Pittsburgh half marathon in at the end of this race. Good luck with everything! You really should do the Liberty Mile!

Post a Comment