Thursday, April 30, 2015

My Goals for Back to Back Half Marthons

I told you guys I'd blog about my goals for the back to back half marathons.  So here I am.  Ultimately I really just want to have fun.  I really do.  I don't want there to be too much pressure on myself.  I went back and forth several times on what to do about Indy.  I decided, however, to run my own race and run my own race I will.  So what does that mean? I'm thinking 2:15 or better and finish happy.  I honestly don't know if I'm capable of 2:15.  I haven't run a long run at my own pace or pushing my pace for a VERY long time.  In fact, I haven't run a short run at my own pace either.  My hamstrings are extremely sore from CrossFit.  I've rested my legs all week, but they're still not 100%. I'm hoping since Indy is flat a 10:00 or so pace is doable.  I guess there's only one way to find out.  Let's do it.

Austin Half 2014 2:13 
Then there's Pittsburgh.  I'm running with my friend Kim.  We plan to have fun the whole time.  We want to stop and take pictures and we don't even care about out time.  There's simply no pressure.  


So there you have it folks.  I'm pretty excited about this weekend.  I'm looking forward to running a new race I've wanted to run for a long time and I'm looking forward to having fun with my friends.  Be sure to follow our adventures on Instagram (@momswimbikerun). I'll be using #B2B (back to back).  

0 comments:

Post a Comment