Thursday, September 17, 2015

Dear Ella 2015

My Dearest Sweet Ella: 

Raising a daughter may be my biggest/best accomplishment and not because of me, but because of you. You are incredible my dear child. You are beautiful on the inside and out.


I wish the world could see you through my eyes and everyone could know you the way that I know you.  They would know that you're caring an compassionate.  You try to understand everyone even if they're not like yourself.  You accept people for who they are and not who you assume they should be.  


You're a beautiful graceful ballerina.  You have a huge passion for dance.  You might not be the best technical dancer with the most tricks but your teachers know you can perform and you have heart.




For as beautiful as you are, you sure are goofy.  This is the side of Ella I'm not sure everyone knows about.  You love to change your voice and do accents and your favorite is British. Yes Ella, I would like a spot of tea.


One of my favorite parts about you is your love for the arts.  Drawing, dancing and playing music.  You're not a prodigy, but you're a natural.  You make me so proud when I see you doing what you love, playing your guitar and singing your songs.



Do not be fooled, you know you're not just a pretty face.  You're so smart and things at school come pretty easily to you.  As with everything else, you take PRIDE in your work and it shows.  Unlike me, you don't like math and prefer Language Arts.  I don't even understand this, but I appreciate how this makes you uniquely you. 


In fact, there are so many things that make you uniquely you.  You like what you like and you make no apologies.  You don't care if other people don't like what you like because YOU do.  That's not to say you don't want to fit in because I think you do, but you're not afraid to be yourself and I think the other girls will want to be you.



You're girly.  There's not 2 ways about it.  


You love to experiment doing your hair and you LOVE, LOVE, LOVE makeup.  You're pretty good at it too.  I'm impressed.


I love that you're girly, but you're not prissy.  You're not afraid to get dirty and when you take the time to actually play sports, well... you're pretty darn good at it.  Dancing hasn't allowed much time for sports and this year is the first year you're not playing sports.  I've got you pegged for Volleyball in middle school, but daddy is hoping for golf.


The one thing I will tell you on the occasion of your 10th birthday (oof) is to keeping being you.  You're smart, kind, sensitive, caring, happy and amazingly talented at so many things.  You do everything with such ease and are humble.   Every time I look at you I beam with pride.  I wish I could say it's because of something I did right, but I know it's simply because you're special.


Keep being amazing my beautiful child.  Keep inspiring me to be a role model you deserve and a mother whom one day you'll hopefully admire.

With ALL my love,

Mommy


0 comments:

Post a Comment