Monday, November 30, 2015

Countdown to Christmas Cardio Challenge


You may or may not know but I've been on hiatus from CrossFit since August 10th.  I also cut back my cardio to just one day a week on the recommendation of my physician.  I've been in PT for my shoulder and I think they've done just about all they can.  I'm definitely nowhere near 100%.  I still have pain in my shoulder with use, but my day-to-day pain is GONE!  So what does this mean for  me?  More importantly what does this mean for you?

It means it's time to step up my game and tackle some workouts.  I started thinking about what I wanted to do and I really have been missing cardio.  I know I can hardly believe it, but it's true. So I came up with the Countdown to Christmas Cardio Challenge.  This is where YOU come in!

Here's how it works:  25 minutes minutes of cardio every day til Christmas.  That's right EVERY DAY.  25 minutes every day is doable.  Any form of cardio counts.  Elliptical, swimming, biking, running, Zumba, whatever form of cardio you desire.

How do you get credit:

1) First things first.  You have to be a Facebook and/or Instagram follower to participate.
2) Facebook:  Post a picture to my Facebook wall documenting your 25 minutes.  It can be a picture of your treadmill screen, picture of your garmin, whiteboard at CrossFit, etc.  Anything that shows that you've done your cardio for the day.  We are on somewhat of an honor system, but you do have to show some sort of proof via picture even if it's just your feet in your shoes.  Every picture on my wall gets you 1 entry to win the grand prize.
3)  Instagram:  Post a picture to your Instagram using #MSBRCardioChallenge documenting your 25 minutes.  It can be a picture of your treadmill screen, picture of your garmin, whiteboard at CrossFit, etc.  Anything that shows that you've done your cardio for the day.  We are on somewhat of an honor system, but you do have to show some sort of proof via picture even if it's just your feet in your shoes. Every picture using #MSBRCardioChallenge gets you 1 entry to win the grand prize.

On Christmas day I will gather all the entries and pick a random winner.  The winner will receive their choice of ONE of the following Christmas gifts that are favorites on my list.

1) $25 gift card to Lululemon
2) 1.5 Pound About Time Protein Pancake mix (approx $25 value)
3) $25 gift card to Dicks Sporting Goods
4) SpiBelt Sports running Belt (approx $25 value)
5) $25 Gift Card to RoadID

The more cardio you do and log on my Facebook and/or Instagram the more chances you have to win.  One entry per Facebook and Instagram account per day.  You can enter on both Facebook and Instagram for the same workout, but not more than once per day.

Good luck.

Let's Countdown to Christmas with Cardio!


0 comments:

Post a Comment