Saturday, November 28, 2015

Thanksgiving and Scenes from the Weekend


Happy Thanksgiving everyone (a day late).

NOT $8 on Amazon even if your sister tells her husband it was 
I always spend thanksgiving with my dad.  I have since I was little.  He likes Thanksgiving better than Christmas because it's always when he got to spend time with us kids.  This year, however, George had to work and my dad decided to go with my sister to her in-laws.  Turns out, my dad didn't got and I should have gone to Indy to visit.  That's a story for another day.

I spent the holiday at my other sisters and it was very nice.  We had a FABULOUS meal and I appreciated all my sister's little extra efforts.



I woke up that morning and suggested to Jack that he wear his clothes that he recently had his pictures taken in.  He went for it.  I also made a suggestion to Ella and she quickly agreed.  Nicholas was still asleep when all this occurred.  I woke him up for the day and then went to get a shower.  I got out of the shower, to find him wearing this.


Without being told he put on dress clothes.  It was a thanksgiving miracle.  He did say Jack told him he had to dress up.  When I told him he didn't have to, he didn't change.  This was a win for mom!

My mom, Ella, Jack, Nicholas, My sister (Amy)
I love now that my nieces and nephews are adults.  It's pretty awesome to see them being good big people.  They make so proud and they're so pirty to look at.  Ha!

Andrew and Abbey (my sister Amy's kids) 
We took this cousin pic which has now happened 3 times.  These boys (Kurt and Ryan) are my step-brother Kevin's kids.

Look how little 
We wound up spending the night at my sisters and decided to make cookies the next day.  I'll admit I was grouchy.  I don't think I got enough sleep the night before and I was not really into it.  Whomp whomp.






Saturday was spent decorating my house and that made me feel a tad bit relieved and maybe like I'm ahead of the game.  Don't worry next week I'll be falling behind again.



The kids helped me decorate the main tree in the living room.  They love unwrapping all the ornaments and finding ornaments that they've chosen.  We have so many, I'm not sure I can buy any more.  As if!  



Ella was playing makeup (as she always does) while I was stringing garland and getting the tree ready for ornaments.  I didn't make her wash it off.  This is NOT her everyday look.  hahaha


I'm so happy my kids will still help and and actually have fun doing it.  It won't be long now where I'm sure I'll be all alone.  I might have messed up on cookies yesterday, but I enjoyed every bit of decorating with them today.  Ok, ok I yelled once when they were destroying the ornament boxes.  No one is perfect!





0 comments:

Post a Comment