Sunday, January 17, 2016

Christmas 2015

Today is January 17th and after my Scandal Netflix binge I feel like I'm back to being able to do something rather than be a vegetable on the couch.  So I figured I better blog about Christmas because isn't that what I'll want to remember when my kids are old and grown, the most magical day of the year. 


We hosted Christmas Eve at our house this year but not before we headed to mass.  I did NOT buy Nicholas an outfit for Christmas.  This was a first for me.  It doesn't matter to me anymore.  He still looked handsome in the outfit he picked out of his closet and actually wanted to wear.  

Jack wore his outfit from our Christmas pictures, but added his own touch with his fedora. 


Of course Miss Thang got a new outfit and looked as beautiful as ever (clearly not biased at all).  Sid didn't get any new digs.  Not even a scarf.  Poor dog, but she hates clothes!


After everyone had left we got busy preparing for Christmas morning.  There's definitely less as the kids get older and older, but somehow you still spend a fortune.  You hope it's all worth it (and it always is).


This is Ella's face after seeing her pile.


Jack modeled his Minecraft sunglasses.


Ella scored herself some new dance clothes from her studio.


We were opening and I realized I was spending so much time trying to capture the moment with my camera that I wasn't living IN the moment.  So I made a conscious effort to take less pictures.  Instead of my normal 157 I think I have 20 or so.  Not bad.


Jack was beyond happy to get his Curry's like his brother.  Up until recently they didn't have them in his size.  Score!


Best $6 Santa ever spent.


The highlight for Ella was getting an iPhone.  I did everything I could do to convince her that she wasn't getting it.  I even hid it under the couch, just sticking out enough that she'd notice it but not until the end.  Needless to say, she was surprised.


Nicholas wanted a hover board, but Santa told him that was a no go.  He got a GoPro instead and I think he was really excited about it (emotion not shown here).


I'm always worried that my kids will be disappointed with their Christmas, but every year I think their expectations are exceeded.  I guess my worries are just part of being a mom.  I know my mom did everything in her power to make sure we had a wonderful Christmas and we always did no matter if she thought she failed or not.  

I'm thankful to be able to give my kids a special Christmas and I hope they have fond memories of Christmas morning even if there was no hover board.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment